Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

I need to remember that life is unexpected

Almost a year ago, Collin woke up sick. I just thought, oh it's Hives. Yet another "thing" we picked up along the way. Everyday I think about how awful it was sleeping next to my first baby in a hospital bed. Not knowing what was wrong or if he was going to have a life changing disease. Cameron remains a constant "what if" and yet they are all so wonderfully healthy. I read about freak accidents or terminal illnesses everyday (yeah, I know.....that's my first problem). Yet, every day we complain about silly minuscule things. They may seem big to us in the moment, but they are not! So, here's the challenge. Start a fresh day and say NOTHING negative, to yourself or your loved ones. See, if you can bite your tongue for one entire day. I tried this myself and was not successful, but it was a fun challenge non the less. It made me really see what I need to work on. Maybe, add to the challenge everyday and see if eventually you get thru an entire day of a new "positive" you! While I was sick in bed, I was able to catch John Edwards, Crossing over. I liked what he said about living in the now (righting our wrongs), because we can't change anything when we are gone.

3 comments:

2catpeeps said...

I love reading your blog! You are my baby April!
That sounds like a good challenge, nothing negative, but can I say one last negative thing today before I quit...McCain/Palin ...yuk.....
OK I'm done!
Hi!
Love the flowers! Cooie, soooo cute! Your photography is so great!

my3sons said...

Thanks ma, you are the best friend ever! You are so funny, who do you think is going to get the votes? The boys picked them out for me, how sweet are they!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I think Josh would have a breakdown if I didn't say one negative thing all day. It definately made me think though and I'm going to give it a shot. :) wuv ya!